Hello from Canada

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Amy

Hi, I am from B.C. Canada

Glad to have found this forum. I keep a very small collection of orchids. I mean small.

I have 2 Paphs and 6 Phals. Over my 9 years with orchids I have found what works for me and what does not.

I still have not taken in my very first orchid show, will give it a try again this year and see if I can attend one.

I grow my orchids in our home, they are part of me decor which I like to keep very crisp and clean. I use natural light from our windows with a SW exposure I am sure to have something in bloom most of the time.

Looking forward to reading the posts and getting to know some of you.

Cheers
Amy

If your in Vanocuver, thier is the Vanocuver Orchidfest this weekend.

Kyle

Welcome, Amy!

Enjoy this fine forum and share your photos as well!

:clap::clap:

Hello Amy, welcome! I'm also in BC, I'm in Vancouver.

I hope you can attend the Orchidfest this weekend or the Vancouver show in May! The organizers for both events are wonderful people and they always put on a great show! :D

Hi, I am from B.C. Canada ....
I still have not taken in my very first orchid show, will give it a try again this year and see if I can attend one. CheersAmy

Take a bib or drool bucket with!
WELCOME!!! Glad you joined us!

Welcome from wintery Michigan. Yes, we have snow again.

I hope you can make it to one of the orchid shows. You will be blown away.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I don't live in Vancouver, I am 5 hours west of it so will not make the orchid fest this weekend. Would love to take in a show sometime, Vancouver would be the place I would go as it is close.

Cheers,
Amy

Hi Amy and welcome to the forum. I assume you must be somewhere up around Campbell River or over in Tofino/Uculuet area? I started growing orchids when I lived in Richmond, BC and continued up in Fort St John. I'm now in Ottawa with a modest collection that keeps growing. I still have a few plants from the Fort St John days but have added quite a few since. It is definitely addictive!

Hi, actually I live in Vernon B.C. If you know where Kelowna is we are 30 min north of Kelowna.

Amy

Latest posts

Back