hello from Beijing

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MoreWater

I'm on a business trip over in E. Asia - just got done with Tokyo and spending the weekend in Beijing. We're doing the real basic first-timer itinerary - i.e., the forbidden city yesterday and probably the great wall today. Unfortunately no plant-related activities at all. :(

All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not an apartment orchid grower in Beijing - this place is drier than Arizona right now. I would love my own personal mister system!

In case anyone hasn't seen the standard touristy photos, I have some here (mostly of the forbidden city). I'll probably be adding some more from Sunday in a day or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful opportunity. My husband and I were fortunate enough to travel to China not too long after it opened up, 1982, I think. It was one of the most memorable events of my life.

Absorb it all, Ki!

so I did manage the Great Wall - but just the closest section. I almost got blown off the rampart....

and the other direction, showing the little tourist trap at the base (where the ticket booth is):

I thought the wall would be wider, or taller or something..... as they say, it wasn't very good at keeping the enemy out, but some parts of it served well as a caravan path/road over some tough terrain.

Looks like you had a day similar to mine. I remember thinking that the Great Wall was vanishing in the haze as if it were disappearing into the past.

Latest posts

Back