Hello from Barcelona

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TropiCool

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been a member for a number of years already, but only visit the forum episodically. I just updated my profile to say more about where I am and what orchidy, slipperlike focus I have. If you're curious, have a look.

I'm interested in talking with people any and everywhere, but especially anyone growing both slippers and other kinds of orchids outdoors under Mediterranean conditions, as that's the focus of a project I have underway here at a botanic garden. I'd also love to meet folks from within the EU, because we can share and visit more easily.

Two images: one taken in June 2017, the day after installing my collection in the new orchid zone at Marimurtra botanic garden (marimurtra.cat/en/)

The other is an aerial of the botanic garden to show the coastal setting.

(I posted my current grow list under the "Collections" thread)

Attachments

• orchid colection to marimurtra.jpg
    orchid colection to marimurtra.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Aerial Marimurtra.jpeg
    Aerial Marimurtra.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Wellcome from austria!
What a wonderful sight you have there, absolutley great...

Another reason to visit Barcelona, my favorite city.
Beautiful garden
Hi Teresa, next time you come to BCN, save some time to visit Marimurtra botanic garden in Blanes. We're just about an hour north, in the "gateway to the Costa Brava". It's a truly charming small town, and a nice escape from the hustle of Barcelona.

Bienvenido y saludos cordiales para ti desde Alemania. La imagen aérea mostra que la ubica del tu lugar de trabajo esta fantastico, el todo dia estas a la playa!

Thanks for asking - we had 38c for one day -in the UK!
I've never experienced heat like it here and I had to be out in it for a couple of hours with work.
My assistant went white and nearly fainted despite using all the usual precautions.
David

Latest posts

Back