Hello From a Newbie In Seattle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

seawitch

Just want to say hello, and compliment all of you on a great forum!:)
I'm not just a "newbie" to the forum, but also an orchid "newbie." I've run into a problem with a phrag I bought recently at an Orchid Society sale...why I was searching the web and came upon your forum.

I'll post another thread with pics of the problem and hope someone can help.

Cheers!

Hi Ann! Welcome and thanks for the kind words about the forum, we're glad you found us!

I smiled at your custom user title - it is one of the tag lines the conservation organization I work for is using on it's new material (we just re-branded). My sig line is our other tagline. :)

Anyway, let us know how we can help, and glad you have jumped right in with questions!

Best,

Hi, Heather,
Thanks for the welcome.

I notice I'm using an avatar very much like yours... I chose mine because it's the only slipper orchid I have so far! You also replied to my thread seeking help for this same plant... I do hope I can keep it healthy! I appreciate all the words of wisdom I've received thus far.

Taking the advice, I hope I can keep "her" healthy!

Ann

seawitch said:
Hi, Heather,
Thanks for the welcome.

I notice I'm using an avatar very much like yours... I chose mine because it's the only slipper orchid I have so far! You also replied to my thread seeking help for this same plant... I do hope I can keep it healthy! I appreciate all the words of wisdom I've received thus far.

Taking the advice, I hope I can keep "her" healthy!

Ann

:) You're right, mine is also the same grex - 'Haven' x 'Smokin'.
You'll find several of us adore Phrag. besseae and her hybrids.

Yet another greentings from Seattle!
My besseae isn't doing very well.
I think Phrags hate me! I have some very nice ones, but I have
yet to 'rebloom' one. UGH!

Craig

Latest posts

Back