Hello Everyone!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is Gerrit Tichelaar and I live in Southeast Wisconsin. I am an instructor of Landscape Horticulture and Greenhouse Production at the local Community College. A couple of decades ago I lived in San Francisco and worked at a local orchid nursery and was a student judge in the San Francisco Orchid Society and member of the Paphiopedilum Guild.
I am jumping back in because I have started teaching orchid propagation and culture (Slippers) as part of my Greenhouse Crops class. We are starting from ground floor and are just beginning to build a collection. I am excited to be part of this community because 20 some-odd years is a while to be out of the community and not growing.
Our Department is looking to purchase a collection or accept any plant donations towards our fledgling program.
Thank you and glad to be here.

My name is Gerrit Tichelaar and I live in Southeast Wisconsin. I am an instructor of Landscape Horticulture and Greenhouse Production at the local Community College. A couple of decades ago I lived in San Francisco and worked at a local orchid nursery and was a student judge in the San Francisco Orchid Society and member of the Paphiopedilum Guild.
I am jumping back in because I have started teaching orchid propagation and culture (Slippers) as part of my Greenhouse Crops class. We are starting from ground floor and are just beginning to build a collection. I am excited to be part of this community because 20 some-odd years is a while to be out of the community and not growing.
Our Department is looking to purchase a collection or accept any plant donations towards our fledgling program.
Welcome from Chicago! Not so far. I teach the WI mushroom cert class and an up there (way north) a lot.

Welcome from "Northern" Wisconsin! I am in Superior!

Latest posts

Back