Hello everyone šŸ˜

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmella.carey

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Patrick Carey I'm a member of the Virginia orchid society and I grow mainly standard and large flowered cattleya species along with many other genera including cyps paphs phrags masdevallias phals oncidiums bulbos dens ludisia and of course catts

No I wasn't able to make it to the NC OS show but I did enjoy our show and got three really nice catts from Ecuagenera two in flower and one in sheath a purpurata 'Gilbert Rubra' a Flammea type laerenceana and maxima 'Guido'

Attachments

• IMG_20220307_124028.jpg
    IMG_20220307_124028.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20220307_123817.jpg
    IMG_20220307_123817.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 18
BC. I know a lady on YouTube in BC. Her name is Carolyn and her channel is Jacolyns orchids her and her husband Jack hints the name Jacolyn grow NoId phals in Salmon Arm
Patrick

Iā€™m going to brag on Patrick because I know he wonā€™t. I met him for the first time at the Va. Orchid Soc. Show in Richmond last weekend. His knowledge and enthusiasm are nothing short of amazing! He has not been growing orchids very long, as he is just 14!!! He is apprenticing at Chadwickā€™s and has a tremendous hunger for learning how to do it well. It warmed my heart that Art Chadwick is mentoring Patrick and to see someone his age so passionate and knowledgeable. Hereā€™s to a very bright future ahead in all things orchid, Patrick!! Welcome into the family!!

Oh Patrick, I can barely remember 14. How large is your collection? You appear to have a strong Cattleya species collection, which is what a nice group of us have an interest in.
About 280 Orchids it keeps going up and down and then plants get split and extra pieces don't get sold or given away immediately so there are multiple of the same thing but I counted every one in December and it was 287 so I say about 280. Thank you for your question,
Patrick

Welcome on board, Patrick!
From up North on the European continent
kind regards,
Jens, Copenhagen
And a warm welcome from way down in the southwest corner of Europe, where I'm testing cattleyas among others for the ability to thrive outdoors year round. It's great you found a passion early that will stay with you for life!

About 280 Orchids it keeps going up and down and then plants get split and extra pieces don't get sold or given away immediately so there are multiple of the same thing but I counted every one in December and it was 287 so I say about 280. Thank you for your question,
Patrick
And your growing conditions are?

And your growing
We have a greenhouse with a 5 degree C minimum so like 40 degrees F in winter so that is where all the orchids go in summer. plants that don't mind the cool stay there all year long like winter resting dendrobiums cymbidiums Mexican laelias some bulbophillums and others. the rest of the orchids come in the house October through May and live on bright windows and under mars hydro grow lights. So what type of orchids do you grow I'm guessing some catts for sure, how large is your collection and where do they grow?
Patrick

Latest posts

Back