Hello everyone šŸ˜

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grow only in an indoor plant room using all LED lighting. It is not a large room so I can not hold more than about 125 mature plants. I decided to focus on Cattleyas, particularly species. I also have a focused Phrag collection because of long term connection to Orchids Limited. A few Paphs are thrown in. I have good control of temperatures so mid-winter I run 56 F at night and 70 day for a few months and mid summer I run 70 F night and 84 day. Spring and Fall temperatures gradually transition. I grow using a parfait of Hydroton and Grodan rockwool cubes. I use Green Jungle, K-Lite, and KelpMax for nutrition.

I grow only in an indoor plant room using all LED lighting. It is not a large room so I can not hold more than about 125 mature plants. I decided to focus on Cattleyas, particularly species. I also have a focused Phrag collection because of long term connection to Orchids Limited. A few Paphs are thrown in. I have good control of temperatures so mid-winter I run 56 F at night and 70 day for a few months and mid summer I run 70 F night and 84 day. Spring and Fall temperatures gradually transition. I grow using a parfait of Hydroton and Grodan rockwool cubes. I use Green Jungle, K-Lite, and KelpMax for nutrition.
I wish I could get it down to 50 at night in the winter but the room where most of my plants stay for the winter is also the room where I sleep (don't know if you could call it a bedroom any more maybe plantroom) šŸ˜‚ anyway so if it were 50 at night I would be frezeing my you know what off every night. I pot in New Zealand sphagnum and clay pots you might find the odd plastic pot with small rexus for bark lurking around though.
Patrick

Latest posts

Back