hello all..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

Yang

Hi all, I'm Yang from South China.
I've been here for a long time but not registed. And have read all the posts and threads about ChineseGreen which is my ebay shop.

oh wait... stop blaming me...:(
i'm not here to deny the truth that i've sold collected plants before neither here to act like a hero that i'm totally involved in the conversation of chinese wild slippers now. The truth is that i've stop my ebay shop for plants for a very long time but seems no one mentioned here. And the same time, there're many flasks of paphs produced by my labs that set up by the money mostly from those plants i sold(still very small lab but enough). I now have flasks of 10 speices 2 varieties and some primary hybrid and the numbers coming increase and some are very new species like helenae, hangianum, vietnamense and jackii.

I registed yesterday here, it's a nice forum and i see many ones do their efforts to protect plants. So i need to say sorry to all first but i think we could still be friend because we all love slippers and I might be your best guide to chinese orchids :p and sure there are many nice photos i can share with you. You can PM me if i'm not in your welcome list and i asure wont appear in any your threads.

welcome to china, and seeds exchange are welcome too. I'm looking for seeds of Phrags, and could offer seeds of Paphs and some Cyps. Exchange of plants are also welcome but i'm affraid not allowed. Do not send me message for wild plants or i will resend your message to the admin but message of import my flasks are very very welcomed.:clap:

flasks of Paph.hangianum
hangianumcy5.jpg

flasks of Paph.dianthum
dsc04576dl1.jpg

Welcome....your honesty is appreciated by all of us...I also think that all of us would be interested in your flasks...however, I doubt that the new Vietnamese species would be legal by US standards, even in flask...other species would be OK. The non-US members here should have no problem getting your flasks. Take care, Eric

Yes, thank you for your opening statement. I appreciate the fact that you are concentrating on flasking slippers now and not collecting them for resale.

Welcome, Yang. When my husband and I visited China 20 or so years ago, I knew nothing about orchids. But we both loved the country and found the Chinese people very open, friendly and eager to learn about the rest of the world. It's nice to have you here.

thank you all.
Dot, you are welcome to china agian and i will happy to be your guide.
I know nothing about orchid 20 years ago either because i was just a baby and there's no slippertalk then :)

the differece of culture might lead to different behavior and thoughs. If I do something not suitably or even could be rude in western manners please remind me. and forgive my misspelling or any grammar mistake.

I must admit, this is surprising! I'm sure you've noticed that I have been one of your most vocal opponents. It is great to see that you are now focusing your efforts on flasking, a far more productive endeavor in my opinion.

I'm quite envious of your proximity to the flora of YunNan. In my opinion, it is the greatest in the world.

Anyway, welcome!

Hi,
Welcome.
I know about this kind of problem as I was responsible for a Paph symposium in 1993 in Pretoria and a Mr Kolopaking was close to being arrested by the CITES people for selling illegal Paph species. I had to do a statement after the symposium for CITES in Switzerland.

Hi Mr upstairs (this is a chinese internet address to who post just above yours :) I'm happy to get your welcome and you did very right to against trading of wild slippers. You are welcome to YunNan and it's really a fantastic place for orchid lovers. As to the oppose, we could not mention the name of the seller or it's ebay shop name the next time. I'm affraid the vocal oppose is kinda of advertisement since not everyone be afraid of buying collected plants. There're so many famliliar names here and they might know me from your oppose. Sure I will take secret the name of buyers and pretend to be stranger without saying hello to all of them. And it's me to be blamed but not the buyers, in fact most of them do very hard to artifically propogate plants bought from foreign country. And they did much contributions for the orchids lovers to enjoy the orchids wold arround.

Lets' hear about what's the point of view of Mr/Miss downstairs :)

oh sorry....Faan step in when i'm responding to Mr upstair and make me the Mr downstair i just mentioned, and how to say stair above the upstair in english?

Thanks Faan for your statement

hello Yang, welcome ! which part of Yunnan are you in ? Near Baoshan ?

I visited Yunnan last year, great place, very interesting ....and great tea too !

no, i live in KunMing, the Capital of YunNan about 600 kilometers away from BaoShan. And you must have been to KunMing , at least the Airport.
You visit my friend who named "Yu Da Peng" in Baoshan, dont you?

he's familiar with orchids of South West of YunNan. Which mostly from the Gao Li Gong Mountain. And has good relationship with Chinese Orchids botanists like Chen XinQi and Luo Yi Bo :)

If you know them , dont mentioned me to them :(, they will hit me...
and dont forget to write me your next time in YunNan

no, i live in KunMing, the Capital of YunNan about 600 kilometers away from BaoShan. And you must have been to KunMing , at least the Airport.
You visit my friend who named "Yu Da Peng" in Baoshan, dont you?

he's familiar with orchids of South West of YunNan. Which mostly from the Gao Li Gong Mountain. And has good relationship with Chinese Orchids botanists like Chen XinQi and Luo Yi Bo :)

If you know them , dont mentioned me to them :(, they will hit me...
and dont forget to write me your next time in YunNan

no I did not get the chance to go to Baoshan, I staid in KNM and then went all the way up to Shangri La

Welcome, Yang.

I think, though we may be vocal about people purchasing "illegal" plants here in the US that many do it and just don't "let on" to the rest of the group because of the illicit nature.

We all know it goes on though. You aren't alone in knowing it, we just don't tend to mention it much around here. :)

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you for joining, participating, and letting us know what you're up to these days. It means a lot!

welcome from peru.
i am sure we can share a lot of information and if legal issue allow us to trade i can puit you in contact with friends doing the same here in peru. FLASKING ENDANGERED SPECIES.
i think we all appreciate your efforts and honesty. It is a good sign for a better world.
my advice? do not forget. CONSERVATION IS POSIBLE WITH EDUCATION FOR CONSERVATION.
ISAIAS M ROLANDO
LIMA, PERU

Hi all, I'm Yang from South China.
I've been here for a long time but not registed. And have read all the posts and threads about ChineseGreen which is my ebay shop.

oh wait... stop blaming me...:(
i'm not here to deny the truth that i've sold collected plants before neither here to act like a hero that i'm totally involved in the conversation of chinese wild slippers now. The truth is that i've stop my ebay shop for plants for a very long time but seems no one mentioned here.
Welcome from NYC. I appreciate your candor and hope that you have truly given up the practice of distributing plants illegally because it's as bad for the buyer as the seller. Good luck w/ your propagation efforts and hopefully I will one day be able to buy plants from your work.:) P.S. "CONSERVATION"

Latest posts

Back