Hello again, now from Olean, NY

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robx

Reaction score
Hi, did you miss me?

I joined slippertalk about 4 years ago, ready to start my paph empire, starting orchid seeds in jars, but this and that happened and I moved and gave away a lot and kept my favs plants and they languished.

But they did not die, now I have landed in middle-of-nowhere Western New York State, and pretty happy about it and the five paphs I have been dragging around with me are starting to grow again. Actually the spicerianum seems to flower better up here, with the cool nights (I was in Miami).

Anyway, I have five plants that are dear to me, at the windows, and don't have room for much more with the cacti, other orchids and weird ant plants and caudiciform Pelargoniums. I am thinking of adding a venustum, my favourite, and that may be it for me, although I'll probably try some seeds again.

Anyway, looking forward to reading up and seeing all the great photos here in the forum.

Well, maybe replace my Phragmipedium pearcei too - but that's it! Maybe. Cheers! --rob

HA! You expect us to believe you're going to stop at one venustum???? I've
heard that story before.

Yes, venustum, and that's it!

Well, I did order a Phrag. pearcei - but that's it!

A niveum or bellatum would be nice, I guess that's not too much, but that's it!

I mean, a barbatum would be too much!

Well, maybe one after a while... :)

Latest posts

Back