Heavy fire in Malibu

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fire is a natural part of chaparral ecology, just as it is in southeastern US pine forests.

If folks build there, they should expect this.

That said, how about a bit of compassion, rather than blame-seeking?

Fire is a natural part of chaparral ecology, just as it is in southeastern US pine forests.

If folks build there, they should expect this.

Well-put! I grew up in Florida and they would do quite regular controlled burns there. The ecology of the area depends on fire. There are actually a lot of plants from fire-prone areas that use fire to help reproduce (like the ubiquitous saw-palmettos of the southeast US).

Yes, I agree. At a catastrophe with more than 50 killed people and a damage of much more than 2 Billion $ the question for cause should be allowed, especially if it is not natural origin as we all agree in.
But political blames are some kind of perverse. I fully agree in that point.

Many european nations run their power underground, that prevents fires, if u.s. pulls their heads out their ass, and stop with the billion dollar political slander, and use it to run power underground, or rebuild our infrastructure, these fires will continue, the camp fire started from faulty power lines

I think the accusation against Pacific Gas & Electric is silly. There is only a very small blame on that side.

I think the accusation against Pacific Gas & Electric is silly. There is only a very small blame on that side.

Every fire starts with an ignition source. I am sure an investigation will determine the e degree of their culpability ... but I can say you have absolutely no credibility in determining this

. but I can say you have absolutely no credibility in determining this

May be You are right but I was running a company on the field of electric power and gas transportation and distribution.
In Germany we have the safest power supply of all countries in the world, including voltage levels from 230 V to 400 kV alternating current .

I could explain a lot of details to You but it would not help. It is an advantage for understanding to have a master degree in electricity engineering or physics.
But do not hesitate to ask if You have any questions.

Many bush fires in Australia are deliberately lit by arsonists. Its very hard to prevent those.

If the bush is not set in fire by natural reasons every year the administration or other arsonist have to do so.
That's the only way to keep the fire under control

Yes, but true nature always keeps fire areas under control with spontaneous random ignition.

The secret at this is to avoid to much flammable material.

Nobody can initiate a fire storm in a healthy fire forest except the US-Airforce in Hamburg or Dresden very long time ago.

Last edited:
Nobody can initiate a fire storm in a healthy fire forest except the US-Airforce in Hamburg or Dresden very long time ago.

see, there it is..was wondering how long it would take

I agree that the largest culpability has to do with forest management along with encroaching development ...clearcutting is widely used in the NorthWest and this creates extremely dry zones with a great deal of fuel on the forest floor left over. I have been to dozens of clearcuts (living here in the Northwest) and it's always the same. You have a forest service (meaning the Rangers and certain applicable county sherrifs) up here doing everything they can to prevent fires but they can only do so much with regard to the power of the logging industry and encroaching development. So they try to prevent the second biggest issue...ignition points...cant do anything about lightning so have to hope someone isnt careless...given the increasing population in every area of the state encroaching on wilderness and clear cutting not abating ...I dont see much change ..it's only gonna get worse....especially if we continue on a trend of springtime drying out sooner here than normal after our usual wet winters that produce a lot of vegetation. The northwest US has seen a trend over the last several years of increasing fire activity and more intense fires, larger fires. Before 2015 I never noticed smoke in Seattle or Portland (lived here since 1991)...but we have had significant smoke in our skies each of the last three summers..the only benefit I can see is that it will help control the beetle infestation to some of the forests

Last edited:
see, there it is..was wondering how long it would take
Sorry, a completely absurd emotional post.

I am very happy that the Americans, their allies and the Soviets have stopped and annihilated the terrible Nazi terror regime in Germany.
Of course, I also accept collateral damage which is inevitable if you want to protect the lives of your own soldiers as much as possible.

Sorry, a completely absurd emotional post.

I am very happy that the Americans, their allies and the Soviets have stopped and annihilated the terrible Nazi terror regime in Germany.
Of course, I also accept collateral damage which is inevitable if you want to protect the lives of your own soldiers as much as possible.

not emotional...just an observation..and one that any of us can predict because you always turn a thread into some issue you have obsessed about in the past on this forum

obsessed about what is strongly political in nature while you know that the political forum has been removed and for good reason...you like to cheat...some people would say you are a shifty person

Last edited:
Back