haynaldianum x chamberlainianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cdub

I'm pleased with this one because this year's bloom has deeper color than last year's. Maybe because it's been growing a bit cooler this year. I've been told this cross is registered as Paph. 'Maya' but I haven't been able to find more info on the name. I wish it was multifloral like its haynaldianum parent, but unfortunately it is sequential. The previous bloom falls off just as a new flower is opening. The color in the photo is not exactly true. The tips of the petals are less purple, and more rose-colored like the pouch. The petals will also twist just a bit more over the next few days. This plant also puts out a new growth at the same time it's flowering, but still seems to only flower once a year.

mayabw7.jpg

It looks like a pretty good combination to me.

How many blooms will it produce per spike? Also will it have 2 or 3 open at a time?

Chris, since you said the colors weren't quite true, I played around in Photoshop to see what I could do.

Is this a good approximation?
mayabw7zj3.jpg

You can thank me later.

P.S. Nice bloom, dude!

Rick said:
How many blooms will it produce per spike? Also will it have 2 or 3 open at a time?

It only has one flower open at a time, unfortunately. I recall 5 flowers last year before I cut the spike.

kentuckiense said:
Chris, since you said the colors weren't quite true, I played around in Photoshop to see what I could do.

Is this a good approximation?

I tried to play around with the hue saturation in photoshop, but you seem to have nailed this one. Way to be. That's what the bloom looks like through the nuclear mushroom cloud, just before it gets obliterated.

Latest posts

Back