Haven't Posted In A Long Time - Paph Villosum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dustywoman

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a long, long, time as I have not had anything blooming that I thought was worth showing to people. :mad::(

But lately, this Paph Villosum has been making me very happy. It's an ebay purchase from about 2 years ago. This is its first blooming and it will have three blooms when it eventually opens!!! I like it alot and believe it is the real thing. And, if not, I have no intention of giving it away. :rollhappy:

It's fun to finally have photos to post!!!! (Even if they are not the best) I did not do much editing of the photos, just some cropping. I left the colors alone. I love the way the colors range from the nutty browns to the yellow/greens. And I'm really liking the patterns on the dorsal and the petals.

vilosum1.jpg

vilosum3.jpg

vilosum4.jpg

Oh! And the staminode looks like a little kid sprayed glitter on it!!

vilosum2.jpg

Very nice, I have one in sheath, when it finally opens I'll compare it with your pics. Thanks....Jim.

Neat! You know you don't have to post pictures just to join us! (but we do like pics!)

Susan!

Gosh, two old friends posting again in one day! I'm overjoyed!!

Don't feel bad about your photos - check out some of NYErics and you'll look like a pro! (We kid him a lot about that...) :)

Are you planning on going to the NH show this year? It is in Nashua this year for the first time and I'm WAY too involved. It would be nice to see you!

Are you planning on going to the NH show this year? It is in Nashua this year for the first time and I'm WAY too involved. It would be nice to see you!

Hi Heather,

Funny, I was just thinking about the NH show. When is it? Yeah, I'm lazy. I'll take a look for it.

Heather,

If this is still in bloom, I'd be delighted to bring it down. I have some others in bud as well. There's another paph coming along with three buds!!!

That's a pretty good looking villosum Susan:clap:. Definitely worth posting

BTW did I tell you I got back a handful of henryanum seedlings from our cross?

Hi Rick!!!

No, I didn't know about the henryanum seedlings. Does that mean there were no flasks? How are the seedlings doing?

I had sent in two spontaneous capsules from my haynaldianum var. alba and both capsules failed. :sob: It was interesting, though!!

Latest posts

Back