Haul from Clouds Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small bark, small chc, perlite, charcoal and some sort of sand.

Wow! Great looking roots! Is that the Mem. Larry Heuer?
That "sand" is the Cloud's Paph Primer. It is made up of dolomitic lime, sand, perlite, diatomite and charcoal. They say it is good for calcium lovers.

Wow! Great looking roots! Is that the Mem. Larry Heuer?
That "sand" is the Cloud's Paph Primer. It is made up of dolomitic lime, sand, perlite, diatomite and charcoal. They say it is good for calcium lovers.

Its a delenatii x Shun Fa golden. I'm really excited about this one.

I like the plants you have there from Cloud's. I had 10 plants sent to me June 1 and they look nice also. I was wondering though about you repotting them almost as soon as you got them home. I asked Cloud's about when I should repot my plants and they said I should wait at least a couple of months. How are yours doing now that you've had them for 3 months and how did they like being repotted?

They have grown really well. I only repotted those ones that were in really broken down mix. And they have responded with crazy root growth. Typical of newly repotted plants. They have grown steadily since. Most have grown a full leaf since. That's what I like about Cloud's plants. They never seem to need time to adjust to my growing conditions. They grow like nothing happened. I attribute it to good roots.

Eric- Will Cloud's mail it out or do you have to have a third party handle that?

Erythrone, i think the key is being able to go to their greenhouse and pick the plants yourself. I haven't ordered from them online.

For US growers I found this on their site:

Continental U.S. Orders

Our nursery is fully certified for export. You do not require any permits, since our paperwork covers everything.
All catalog prices are in Canadian dollars.
All plants in our catalog can be included in foreign shipments (no supplies allowed).
We currently ship exclusively via Express Post USA.
There is a minimum order of $50.00 that requires shipping. However, for any show/event that we are attending, there is no minimum order restriction.
There is a charge of $15.00 for Phytosanitary and CITES paperwork into the U.S. for all continental states excluding California and Arizona. This charge is $25.00 for California and Arizona.
Credit card companies will automatically convert charges from Canadian funds at your current credit card exchange rate.
All plants are shipped "in pot". Bare root requests will incur additional charges.

It blows my mind how Canadian vendors charge next to nothing for permit costs and have a very low minimum order for US customers, while most US vendors won't even ship to Canada and the ones that do have ridiculous minimum orders. Must have to do with the difference in paperwork costs/policies between the two countries.

Latest posts

Back