Has anyone ever seen the blooms of...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

Paph stonei fma album x Paph philippinense fma album? I guess this would be Mt. Toro album. Sounds like it might be an interesting cross, but I can't find any photos. Is it as cool as it sounds?

- Matt

Ahh, thanks Marco... that one didn't come up on Google images for me :) That's pretty cool, actually. I like it :)

- Matt

I have one but haven't bloomed it yet. It's a very large seedling and I'm hoping for blooms within the next year. I got it from Zephyrus Orchids.

Hmm... that's weird. I suspect that the philippinense wasn't a true albino, then... since albinism is typically recessive. The ones that I'm looking at are from two different crosses, so maybe they'll turn out differently.

- Matt

gore42 said:
Hmm... that's weird. I suspect that the philippinense wasn't a true albino, then... since albinism is typically recessive. The ones that I'm looking at are from two different crosses, so maybe they'll turn out differently.

- Matt
Just buy the flasks, Matt. We all know there is no stopping you from buying flasks!

:rollhappy: :rollhappy:

OK, you've got me on the flasks... but actually, I'm looking at blooming sized plants this time :) If only I could find some flasks of stonei album :)

I was just hoping to find a photo of one or two of the blooms before I commit, so that I can see whether a blooming size plant of this hybrid is worth $40. OK, some of you might be saying, $40 isn't that much for a blooming size plant... but to me, hybrids just aren't worth very much, so I need to see them first :)

- Matt

Yeah, I thought about that for a while :) I think it would end up being a lot of work for something that, in the end, isn't exactly what I want.

I hear that the album version is getting around in Europe, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that myself.

- Matt

wouldn't surprise me if the progeny didn't turn out album. even if both parents are green-and-white "album", if the mutations are in different parts of the pigment pathway the progeny will be heterozygous at both loci (assuming the most simplistic view) and you would get pigment. selfing the F1 oughta produce some "albums" though.

Latest posts

Back