Harvey Man Hee Wong & SFG

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow~ My Bel Royal x armeniacum also came from Parkside. I went to their last open house sale event in 2015 before they closed.
The paph house looked pretty much abandoned with nearly all the stock in terrible conditions (they had a hard time keeping things in good conditions due to healthy issues of the owner for a long time which was very unfortunate.) There were lots of very interesting and rare hybrids in the greenhouse but vast majority were goners. The ones that got my attention the most were Bel Royal x armeniacum and Hiroki Tanaka.
I picked on best looking Bel Royal x armeniacum but nothing else since they were in such terrible shape.
My plant grew very well throwing lots of roots and new growths. Some of the growths would send up a sheath but they never develop into a spike. So, after a while, I have up on them. I already had Dollgoldi and other stuff that would grow but not bloom.

Was truly a shame what happened to the place after 'the boys' sold it... and i do miss those July events... good opportunity to get good vendors in town...

This one looks like a giant armeniacum plant...
...with an impressive, clear yellow colouring, one might add!

And thank you for the info about the lack of scent...I am almost wondering, HappyP, whether you posses an almost uncanny ability for mind reading, as exactly the question about fragrance sprang to my mind way before I read that last phrase in the second paragraph! 🤔 🤭

...with an impressive, clear yellow colouring, one might add!

And thank you for the info about the lack of scent...I am almost wondering, HappyP, whether you posses an almost uncanny ability for mind reading, as exactly the question about fragrance sprang to my mind way before I read that last phrase in the second paragraph! 🤔 🤭
I'm glad you enjoyed my post. :)

Latest posts

Back