Happy to be here

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l8dbug

Sara Brownthumb
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm Sara. I'm addicted to slipper orchids. It has been three days since I bought my last orchid.... :eek:

I finally decided to join your forum. I've been obsessed with orchids since high school. I started with one, and have been collecting them ever since.

I finally decided that I was fed up with being the only one I know obsessed with these flowers. (My husband falls asleep when I try to talk about my plants.)

I love growing them, I love taking pictures of them, and I even love painting them. Needless to say my house has walls covered with pictures and paintings of orchids.

This is my latest painting:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/344/e/c/ladyslipper_by_luvleel8dbug-d6xh3u9.jpg

Here is my son with a phrag. eric young x kovachii:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/109/c/4/david_and_the_flower_by_luvleel8dbug-d62axmu.jpg
(I'm hoping that he grows up to love orchids too!)

I'm just so happy to finally be a part of a community that appreciates these flowers. I hope I fit right in.:D

Last edited:
Welcome from Luxembourg!!!! Nice: the painting, the son and the kovach cross!!!! But I do not believe that this was your last purchase :) !! Jean

Welcome ladybug. Another artist wow. Your painting is beautiful. I don't have the talent for such so I admire people and their art very much.

P.S your son is very cute. Showing some interest with the slippers I see. You must be very happy to have another orchid person in the family.

Welcome from Tennessee!

How close are you to Wilmington?

The Cape Fear Orchid society is based out of Wilmington

Welcome from Tennessee!

How close are you to Wilmington?

The Cape Fear Orchid society is based out of Wilmington

Willmington? Only about a 45 min drive. I had no idea there was an orchid society that close. I tried to find one a few years back but the closest one I found at that time was three hours away. Thanks for the tip. I will look into that.

Sara, welcome from KY. I know that glazed look when I start trying to
tell friends and loved ones about my orchids. Here you have an avid
audience so talk away! Lovely painting.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. It is nice to share a painting and have a group of people know what kind of a flower it is.

My son is my little "helper". Sometimes he does more harm than good, but I can't be mad at him because he tries so hard.

I have lots of plants blooming and I can't wait to share them with you. I'm dying with anticipation waiting for them to open.

Hi and welcome from germany
nice flower and a proud son.

Is that a dog in the background

Latest posts

Back