Happy Thanksgiving to those Celebrating today!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm cooking gingerbread. made molasses cookies last night. going to the gf for dinner with her family!

Yesterday I made the cranberry sauce, cranberry nut bread and apple pie. After I finish the paper I need to do the stuffing for the cranberry and mustard glazed BBQ turkey, garlic mashed taters, pear and walnut salad w/ pommagranite-balsamic vinegar dressing, homemade rolls, sweet potato puff, and then take a well deserved break. Still lots of cooking to start!

I'm feeling needy today, it's my birthday and no one except Yang noticed yet (Thank you Yang!!! :D ) So I decided to just bring y'all's attention to it myself. :rolleyes:

I could go for some of that gingerbread, or a recipe, at least.
Have a great time at Maureen's, Brian. She's such a sweetie.

Candace, I got worn out reading what you are cooking today, but the fact that it is only 10:30 there makes me feel a little more awake. How many people are you cooking for?!

Oh, and that pomegranite - balsalmic dressing - you make that from scratch? I think we need a recipe...I've got seeds in the fridge that would be great in a salad with that dressing! Mmmmm....:smitten:

Scary, but I'm only cooking for 4. Unfortunately, we got some bad news. We were planning on having the in-laws here too, but my MIL had a lump detected in her mammogram last week and is having to have a biopsy done right away. I always make a ton extra anyway since leftovers will feed us for quite a while-and I love that! No cooking for a few days.

I make a simple spinach, red lettuce, pear and walnut salad and the pom/balsamic is store bought and very expensive. We have a ton of poms on the tree right now that I plan on maybe adding some seeds if I have time.

Maybe I'll get in a shower today!

Happy birthday and I'm glad you mentioned it because I wouldn't have noticed the birthday cake down below. I started another thread so everyone will toast you on your day. I sure hope you can manage to have some fun even though I know you're going through some rough times.

Thanks, Candace. :) I received several nice gift cards for my b-day, so there will be some retail therapy next weekend.

I hope your mother in law's biopsy turns out to be just a scare and nothing to worry about. You'll all be in my thoughts!

What's the brand on the dressing? I'm only cooking for two of us. It is rather scary, especially the amount of butter in everything!

It's in a fancy bottle and the name brand is Cuisine Perel Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar. I got it at my local Bel Air and I think it was over $7 for a 6.5 oz. bottle. I got a Christmas gift a few years back of fancy balsamic vinegars...blueberry, raspberry, wine and we just loved them on salads. This one is 23 calories per serving, so much less than many dressings. It won't make up for all the butter I've used today, too.

My MIL is a 2 time breast cancer survivor. Her last occurance was over 15 years ago. We're hoping it hasn't come back.

Edit:
On the back of the bottle there's a website www.cuisineperel.com and a phone # and addy. They're located in Richmond, CA.

I just finished a stint at the model railroad club [7 hours sleep in last 96 hours] I got home in time to make a decent dinner, smoked turkey wings in gravy, mash, corn on the cob, stuffing (from a box), and mesclun salad w/ raspberry pecan dressing. Apple pie ala mode will be next. Let us all give thanx. :)

Back