Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Someone just sent me this joke in honor of the day....

Two men were sitting next to each other at a bar. After awhile, one guy looks at the other and says, "I can't help but think, from listening to you, that you're from Ireland."

The other guy
responds proudly, "Yes, that I am!"

The first guy says, "So am I! And
where about from Ireland might you be"?

The other guy answers, "I am from
Dublin, I am."

The first guy responds, "So am I!"

"Sure and begorra. And what street did you live on in Dublin?"

The other guy says, "A lovely little area it was. I lived on McCleary Street in the old central part of town."

The first guy says, "Faith and it's a small world. So did I! So did I!

And to what school would you have been going"?

The other guy answers, "Well now, I went to St. Mary's, of course."
The first guy gets really excited and says, "And so did I. Tell me, what year did you graduate"?
The other guy answers, "Well, now, let's see. I graduated in 1964."

The first guy exclaims, "The Good Lord must be smiling down upon us! I can hardly believe our good luck at winding up in the same bar tonight. Can you believe it, I graduated from St. Mary's in 1964 my own self!"

About this time, Vicky walks into the bar, sits
down and orders a beer.

Brian, the bartender, walks over to Vicky, shaking his head and mutters, "It's going to b e a long night tonight."

Vicky asks, "Why do you say that, Brian"?

"The Murphy twins are drunk again."

I'm not Irish, but my great grandmother was a MacGregor from Scotland. Does that count? I always wondered how strict the Irish thing was;>

I always think that Irish peoples are very beautiful.
By the ways, I watch PBS channel 13th last night, there is this program of irish singers.
When they sing, I understand very well, I notice the same thing with British singers, Australian singers etc, everybody sounds american, maybe American accent lends itself well to the music.
(But in the interview, I barely understand what they are saying)

I was going to go out w/ and Irish-American friend but he works on Wall Street and the market is in a melt-down over the Bear-Sterns business, so no partying! :(

I celebrated St. Paddy's day yesterday....took my oldest son into the city to see the Pogues.....seeing the Pogues on or about St. Patrick's day is a event not to be missed...caught them 2 years ago, but with my youngest son...made the mistake of staying close to the stage...just try hanging out with a 13 yr old boy while you are being crushed and rolled about by a few hundred moshing Irishmen....So yesterday I stayed safely in the back balcony...not close, but the music was still great...too far away to see if Shane Macgowan got his rumored dentures, but he was as drunk as the crowd wanted him to be...can't understand a word he says, but you can still hear his lyrics when he sings! Take care, Eric

I celebrated St. Paddy's day yesterday....took my oldest son into the city to see the Pogues.....seeing the Pogues on or about St. Patrick's day is a event not to be missed...caught them 2 years ago, but with my youngest son...made the mistake of staying close to the stage...just try hanging out with a 13 yr old boy while you are being crushed and rolled about by a few hundred moshing Irishmen....So yesterday I stayed safely in the back balcony...not close, but the music was still great...too far away to see if Shane Macgowan got his rumored dentures, but he was as drunk as the crowd wanted him to be...can't understand a word he says, but you can still hear his lyrics when he sings! Take care, Eric

Very cool indeed.

The Dropkick Murphys were here last Monday and we missed out on seeing them. Idiotically, we thought we might be able to escape the usurious Ticketmaster charges by buying tickets at the door—stupid us. The show sold out (good for them!), but the pair of tickets I was eying on eBay went way past what I could justify.

Latest posts

Back