Happy henry-root

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

I've been admiring the roots on my baby henryanum seedlings for some time now, and this one was just extra nice so I had to try to get a picture of it! The root grew into that humid open space in the mix about 3 days ago and spread out all those root hairs so nicely that I just had to take a closeup of them full of dew drops after I watered:p They're very young seedlings, planted out individually now, so the pot you see in the picture is a 'modified' pudding cup just their size and clear so that I can take better care of them and enjoy the roots while I wait for blooms! :rollhappy: The media is a mix of sphag and the little chunks from the bottom of my bag of medium CHC's. There are 8 seedlings, so hopefully my patience will be rewarded and I can post nice pics of the blooms in the future!
happyhenryrootsmsizevo0.jpg

~Miss Paph

I got them as they came out of compot, though I left 3 smaller ones together a few months longer til they had strong new roots before they went solo.

Back