Happiness is...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
When I see an early start of new fans and other actions.
Some plants (first time flowering plants) would start new fans after the flower has finished, quite often this may take over a couple month and I have seen much worse. I don't like it when this happens as I wonder what is going on with the plants.

Then some plants would start new fans as they spike or during the bloom.
I love it as this signals ( although it can be just a trick sometimes too) to me that the plant has a great growing potential from early on.

I am surprised to see almost all of my first flowering parvis show this characteristics at the moment. So I thought I would share some of them.

First two are malipoense x Fanaticum. One is much smaller than the other. I like the size. They both spiked back in June and it has been unbelievably slow. Must be the malipo influence.

fan%20mal_zpsgbgvqwik.jpeg

fanamal_zpswofvkpm2.jpeg

This is Lynleigh Koopowitz using delenatii dunkel.
I bought two in bud, one had rot, and this one I loved! The flowers lasted for over a month and then I repotted it. It was not in great conditions and I was worried. Well, this morning I found this actively growing root tip in the pot.
I am relieved!

LK_zpsurgf2dbg.jpeg

Franz Glanz all of sudden decided to grow two babies. yay!!!

FG_zpszsprp9zp.jpeg

Memoria Larry Heuer

Larry_zps7otmc4sc.jpeg

My best growing parvi so far, Armeni White.
I finally managed to repot this monster, now with over 20 growths.
It had lots of great healthy roots, which was a delight.
It already had 5 new nearly mature fans at the time of last flowering in June, but when I looked between the leaves, there were 6 more little fans sprouting from the older fans. Yay!!!
Obvisouly, I'm just showing two of them here.

AW_zpsei7nv3dz.jpeg

Emma Decker

ED_zpsuo4cqetz.jpeg

Norito Hasegawa. This has been rather frustrating, but not any more.
I bought it as a blooming size one faned plant over a year ago.
Well, it made some much larger leaves. Then earlier this year, it threw two new growths from stolon.
This morning as I looked closer, the oldest fan with a spike is also growing a new fan from its base. I hope the flower will be nice.

NHa_zpsbqwchxwx.jpeg

NH_zps75fhdnbl.jpeg

Fanaticum. It was in bud, but it got aborted.
This plant also shows some great growing potential.

Fana_zpsgt3quloc.jpg

Latest posts

Back