Hanne Popow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jorch

Picked this one up from Ecuagenera in March (Thanks Kyle!) in spike. I love the pale color. I've always wanted a pale pink/whitish phrag. :) Also I'm amazed at how tiny and round the pouch opening is! It looks very cute IMO :)

IMG_0061Small.jpg

IMG_0064Small.jpg

It is so totally cute! What a delicate color too. :clap: I think I need one...:D
I was too chicken to buy anything from Ecuagenera at the show; everything was bare root and I didn't know what a lot of the plants were or what to do with them. A bit intimidating for this newbie. Wait until next year though :D

Yoyo jo, you should have asked, I would have been happy to answer any questions and found the perfect plant for you. I will be in Calgary next fall.

Jorch, I'll see you in Vancouver in a few days. I'll have some phrag species for sale. Real dalesandroi, among others. Thats a nice one, are you putting it in the Vancouver display? if not, can I use it for the Ecuagenera display, let me know!

Kyle

Yoyo jo, you should have asked, I would have been happy to answer any questions and found the perfect plant for you. I will be in Calgary next fall.

Kyle, are you coming for the Foothills Orchid Society show in October then? Cool! I will look for you...:D

Jorch, I'll see you in Vancouver in a few days. I'll have some phrag species for sale. Real dalesandroi, among others. Thats a nice one, are you putting it in the Vancouver display? if not, can I use it for the Ecuagenera display, let me know!

Kyle

Cool! I've pre-ordered a d'alesandroi, so fingers crossed it'll come? The only one I didn't pre-order is andrettae because.. well, it is quite expensive.
I'm thinking of putting this one on display, as well as the paph concolor var longipetalum and a phrag richteri IF I can arrange transportation (and depending on the flower conditions by Thursday morning). :confused: If I'm not putting it on display, for sure I can lend it to you. :)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

itz very cute ^^ i see some besseae in it. wat kind of crosses would produce white flowers anyways?

Phrag besseae x schlimii is xanthic anyway, additionally there are flavum besseae crosses and even an album schlimii. If you search thru the threads here you can see some light [white?] besseae crosses. start w/ St. Ouen Ice. Yay besseae hybrids! :D

The only one I didn't pre-order is andrettae because.. well, it is quite expensive.
Maybe it's just me but if I had the chance to get a couple! :drool:
It's funny, but besides the occasional besseae, the only thing I think to buy from Ecuagenera is Pleuros. :p
Kyle-If you see Mike, say 'hi' to him for me and all the Ecua guys, Thanx

Cool! I've pre-ordered a d'alesandroi, so fingers crossed it'll come? The only one I didn't pre-order is andrettae because.. well, it is quite expensive.
I'm thinking of putting this one on display, as well as the paph concolor var longipetalum and a phrag richteri IF I can arrange transportation (and depending on the flower conditions by Thursday morning). :confused: If I'm not putting it on display, for sure I can lend it to you. :)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

You should get your dalesandroi. It would be great if I could borrow the plant for my display. I am bringing a few plants from winnipeg, but nothing that big. Let me know, or just show up and let me know.

Eric, you should be saying hi to mike for me. I haven't seen him in 2 years! We only cross paths in Ecuador! He does all the east shows, I do Canada and a bit in Europe.

Kyle

You should get your dalesandroi. It would be great if I could borrow the plant for my display. I am bringing a few plants from winnipeg, but nothing that big. Let me know, or just show up and let me know.
Kyle

I'll be at the show doing set up work both Thursday and Friday. When'll you be setting up the Ecuagenera table?

Yes, there will be phrag andreetea at the show. It has alresy been sold, I don't know if it will be in flower.

Kyle

Picked up another one from Kyle a week ago. Bought it because the then-faded flower was a very nice solid dark color. The bloom dropped shortly after, and the second bud bloom out was a much lighter color, with a uniform darker color on the back of the petals. Petals are rounder than the first Hanne Popow I posted. Hopefully the next bud will bloom better with deeper color after I put it in higher light.

IMG_0126Small.jpg

The siblings. The most recent acquisition on the left:
IMG_0125Small.jpg

Wow, that is a lot different then what the wilted flower looked like! Still a nice flower.

Kyle

Latest posts

Back