Hangianum in US?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know when hangianum might be legal here in the US?

e-spice

I gather that you did not attend the WOC in Florida.
I was not one of those lucky fews who were able to go to the show either, but, from what I read on the forum, there were flasks & plants of a lot of nice stuffs at the show's sale area.:sob:

Hi guys, new member, first post. What I heard from someone at the WOC was that the hangianum flasks were obviously let into the show, then they were made to pull them, and then they came back and told them that they were mistakenly allowed in the country but since they made it in, they would be allowed and could be sold.

What Potterychef posted is what a lot of us heard. Is there any way of confirming that.

I was there at the WOC but didn't see any for sale.

e-spice

They were at Sun Moon or something like that. They were right across from Piping Rock. I remember hangianum, helenae, and i think some barbigerum albas...a bunch of stuff, all in flask.

Here is the photo i grabbed of their book showing parents. Sorry it's so blurry. I believe they were selling a selfing of one and a cross of the two. I shoulda bought some ha I known it was alright. Arghhhh!

IMG_2124.jpg

The seedlings were selfing of clone 'Grace' and the flasks where sib of the red hangianums variety.

Ramon:)

I think I posted this in another area but Sun Moon won't sell another flask of orchids here that I know of as those growers who bought flasks from them in the past, allegedly, have flowered things that look nothing like what they bought as per label, mainly Phalaenopsis but there are a lot wait to see what comes out of the Paph flasks purchased. Some may flower this year.

The flower is so red. I think the two clones RED & RED MAGIC are both featured in the slipper orchid of Taiwan IV.

Ramon, you should have bought at least a flask. How much did they ask for, and how many seedlings are in the flask?
Eric, what do you mean about" if you had a chance"?
Had I known there are some flasks of this type I would have ask Ty or Eric to get me one. In fact , if I were at the WOC, I probably won't be able to stop myself from buying all 30.
-I don't think the risk of them survive is too big, from what I've seen, the Taiwanese flask seedlings are not too small .
On the other hand , If what Roy mentioned is a widespread problem with SunMoon's flask, It would be funny to see the seedlings look more & more like phalaenopsis as they mature:D

Latest posts

Back