Handpainted art on orchid flowers at the Tokyo Dome Orchid Show!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

neo-guy

This was one of the most creative and unique displays at the show! A grouping of potted white Phalaenopsis, with each flower handpainted with leaves, flowers and other motifs.

It would be fun to imagine if these flowers were bred to come out with these patterns!

Peter T.

3294728820_7a21c4da0f.jpg

3294733502_ac81c81005.jpg

3294731184_a41cf3f014.jpg

and for more photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicatt/sets/72157614138420920/

Some kids spoilt the flowers...:(:eek::poke:
Creative for sure, but I don't think I like it...:(

I hope they found the :evil: kids who did this horrible thing to a poor innocent orchid :poke:

Marilyn

I guess I feel the same way about these painted orchids as I do graffiti. While I can appreciate the artistry that goes into it, overall, I'm not a big fan of it. I don't think the painting does anything to enhance the beauty of the orchids. Very talented artists, though!

Yes, there is a very "un-naturalness" about these painted flowers! But it was still very interesting to see this done on orchid flowers. The public was ooh and ahhing all over this display!
Peter T.

these didn't take too long to do with airbush. However I don't think the phals look better this time. White phals are elegantly beautiful just plain. (Perhaps airbrushed pinks would be better?) But very creative anyway

I don't think these were stencilled or airbrushed! A fellow judge actually saw a person handpainting these with a brush. Indeed a patient and creative person!

Peter T.

I don't know for sure, but i would guess vegetable dyes or watercolor paints.
You're right the flower surface would need to be dry.
The Japanese are so much into painting arts....
Peter T.

Its a very Japanese thing to do and it represents a different asthetic focus. I'm sure it was all meticulously hand painted. You notice however it wasn't done on a rare variety. Just an interesting exploration in an art form.;)

It is interesting but it destroys the beauty of the flower. Simple beauty is better than over done beauty. Just my opinion.

Ramon:)

Latest posts

Back