Hakone Cypripedium 2014

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be hardy in your area. The big problem with this one is summer heat.

C. smithii is a synonym for C. calcicola, which may in time be found to be just a variety of C. tibeticum.

Thank you KyushuCalanthe. A woman once told me Cyp. flavum needs a longer growing season than where I live and she though the plant would be unable to "harden off" (is it the good expression?) before winter. What is you opinion?

Thank you KyushuCalanthe. A woman once told me Cyp. flavum needs a longer growing season than where I live and she though the plant would be unable to "harden off" (is it the good expression?) before winter. What is you opinion?

dont belive some things.
I learned that more the source counts.
Some showed to be very hardy, even to heat.
They heat to get too wet in winter like some cyps
At least my experience

C. flavum is found in the high mountains of western China, typically between 2500 - 3500 meters elevation. They flower in mid to late June and are going dormant in September, leaving them just 3 months to flower and store up enough energy for the following season. That's a pretty short cycle. Perhaps she meant C. formosanum? That species can be green from April thru November!

Check out my article on C. flavum here for more about this species.

C. flavum is found in the high mountains of western China, typically between 2500 - 3500 meters elevation. They flower in mid to late June and are going dormant in September, leaving them just 3 months to flower and store up enough energy for the following season. That's a pretty short cycle. Perhaps she meant C. formosanum? That species can be green from April thru November!

Check out my article on C. flavum here for more about this species.

Only 3 months?? My god!! I must buy one!

Thanks a lot!

cypripedium flavum , Oliver , sebastian x tibeticum , cordigerum

cypripedium montanum x reginae , cypripedium montanum x tibeticum

cypripedium montanum x reginae

cypripedium montanum x tibeticum

( left to right ) : cypripedium wenqing , montanum x tibeticum , montanum x reginae , Lothar Pinkepank

Latest posts

Back