Hadley Cash

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m sad to say it was posted on another forum that Hadley passed away yesterday after a long illness. A true gem of a person, a southern gentleman and one of the greatest hybridizers of all things Paph. His tremendous legacy will live on.

Very sad. What is going to happen to his work now?

He posted an announcement about a buyer for the business a while back, hopefully they'll be able to take over a bit sooner than planned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220214-171051_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220214-171051_Chrome.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20220214-171058_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220214-171058_Chrome.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 44
I've known this for a while now but didn't want to post it and upset anyone especially my dear friend Hadley. It is my understanding that his collection will not be staying in the states, but rather going to Canada. Naturally this wasn't suppose to happen until this summer and don't know how they will be handling this now.

Marriott has been sold to an overseas orchid grower/hybridizes who is relocating to the US this spring. Name not yet announced. I believe he said early summer announcement would be made. So, the good news is, it does look like Hadley’s work/legacy will continue on

From a reliable source, he writes:
A Canadian bought the complex hybrids. Frank Smith bought the species. Some guy in Maryland bought the phrags. Mike Mimms bought the phals.

Sad news. Hadley was a really great guy. He once stayed at our house when he came to speak at our OS. It was a wonderful visit.

I spoke to Bill Goldner, Woodstream Orchids today. As I suspected, he’s the guy in MD who bought Hadley’s phrags. He confirmed the others Frank Smith, etc. who purchased the other parts of the collection. I did not ask who purchased the complex hybrids. It seems that the deal with the overseas buyer that Hadley posted about in early 2021, who was relocating to the US to purchase the major part of the collection, fell through.

Last edited:
I spoke to Bill Goldner, Woodstream Orchids today. As I suspected, he’s the guy in MD who bought Hadley’s phrags. He confirmed the others Frank Smith, etc. who purchased the other parts of the collection. I did not ask who purchased the complex hybrids. It seems that the deal with the overseas buyer that Hadley posted about in early 2021, who was relocating to the US to purchase the major part of the collection, fell through.

It did? I just spoke with Deb last week and it seemed it was a go?

Latest posts

Back