• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

habenaria radiata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
for those who have seen the nice pics here of habenaria radiata, I just viewed the whiteflower farm (connecticut, ny) catalog, and they have them for sale. $15 for one plant, then small discounts for group purchases. their prices are not generally cheap at all (owner told our class years ago that they purposefully have high prices to try and 'project' quality to grab high-end market). $15 actually may not be a bad price even if it is small, since it's probably not highly available in the u.s. their quality is supposed to be very good

Last edited:
mmm, catalog didn't show carnea; website might show it but thinking that radiata is the more common one they might not have it, though worth a look

search of the website only showed radiata

I get their catalogue -- it's beautiful, and there are several things I'm thinking about getting. I guess I'll have to look at it more closely.

do they H. carnea?

Eric, I doubt they will carry any tropical Habenaria. Unfortunately this species remains rare in cultivation outside its native range.

IMO this nursery is outrageously overpriced. Check out Van Bourgodien and Sons - 3 bulbs for $16 and if you buy two or more bags you get a significant discount.

Veseys sells 2 corms for $19.95 CDN plus shipping. I bought 4 corms last year and started them indoors. The plants grew to about 2" and stopped - didn't like the culture I was providing I guess.

Latest posts

Back