Habenaria medusa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
36423016111_bef25ca027_b.jpg
[/url]hab med[/IMG]

I just love these things, so easy compared to growing a Paph that it feels like cheating.

Wonderful display!! That is a lot of blooms compared to others I've seen, great growing! I have one pushing up a spike just now, but its still a bit of a runt.

Hard to grow unless you got the right soil. Some terrestrials are almost easy, and importantly, persistent, with Bletilla striata being the most famous.

Funny, I seem to only barely manage to keep this bulb alive. I don't know why, but I struggle with B striata :eek:

Nice flower count! This is one of my favorite Habs...

Wonderful display!! That is a lot of blooms compared to others I've seen...

This is actually a very low flower count for this clone (it's just a baby offset that was given to me by a judge in DC). I've seen it 3 feet tall with twice this many, at least.

They are weedy here. Thought they would be weedy in Japan too?

Not around here. Probably too warm for it. Epipactis seem to fall in one of two groups, highly fungi dependent species and ones that can live without them. E. helleborine is a fungi dependent one, so if there aren't the right host trees and associated fungi, it will not grow.

Funny, I seem to only barely manage to keep this bulb alive. I don't know why, but I struggle with B striata :eek:

In Manitoba, I can believe it. That said, given the right conditions - warm, sunny location in a warm temperate climate - it is almost impossible to fail with this species. Most other terrestrials, if you talk bad about them, they die.

This is actually a very low flower count for this clone (it's just a baby offset that was given to me by a judge in DC). I've seen it 3 feet tall with twice this many, at least.

That's pretty damn amazing. I must have been feeding mine the wrong stuff!

Latest posts

Back