Habenaria blephariglottis and bog

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

DSCN1058.jpg

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1056.jpg

with its close neighbors
DSCN1064.jpg

the whole bog
DSCN1063.jpg

Gorgeous bog garden... I'm very jealous. It's first on my "to do" list once I find a more permanent living situation.

However, that's not Platanthera blephariglottis. It's Platanthera integrilabia. Note the lack of fringe. It has a much narrower range than P. blephariglottis, being found in mostly mountainous areas of the southeast.

Gorgeous bog garden... I'm very jealous. It's first on my "to do" list once I find a more permanent living situation.

However, that's not Platanthera blephariglottis. It's Platanthera integrilabia. Note the lack of fringe. It has a much narrower range than P. blephariglottis, being found in mostly mountainous areas of the southeast.

I was having my doubts as well, but know next to nothing about these so assumed maybe it was within the range of variation for blephariglottis, just not on the showier end of that range. Got it off ebay as blephariglottis but I guess we know how that goes by now. Thanks for the ID.

Forrest

I was having my doubts as well, but know next to nothing about these so assumed maybe it was within the range of variation for blephariglottis, just not on the showier end of that range. Got it off ebay as blephariglottis but I guess we know how that goes by now. Thanks for the ID.

Forrest

I have a friend that got ciliaris off eBay that turned out to be integrilabia, too. I bet it's the same seller.

think that little orchid is nervous with all those handsome meat eaters around it?;)

Back