Guess the species in this complex cross

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
This is a species cross to a complex hybrid. Guess the species. This is fairly easy.

Ramon:)

4143228612_f4306566a6_b.jpg

Can you post a picture of the other parent? How much did helenae influence the size?

We are starting to see these helenae hybrids now...this one does not have much of the helenae shape! We had one at the the last AOS judging. I take it the plant and flower is on the small side?
Pete

Can you post a picture of the other parent? How much did helenae influence the size?

Here is the picture of the other parent from In-Charm. The NS of my plant is 9.5 cm. It is is quite large for the cross. The plant is medium size. I will bring it to our judging center this Wed. for the student to work on.

Paph. (Jollix x Lovely Land) 'Showtime'
4144949683_043b4a6baa_o.jpg

I took a (Pacific Shamrock x helenae) to judging and they were afraid to point it. It was AM quality IMHO. I'm guessing Pam Guist would say these should not be at judging w/o paperwork. Exhibitor beware.

-Ernie

I took a (Pacific Shamrock x helenae) to judging and they were afraid to point it. It was AM quality IMHO. I'm guessing Pam Guist would say these should not be at judging w/o paperwork. Exhibitor beware.

-Ernie

Post the picture!

Latest posts

Back