Guess The Primary

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

This one should be pretty easy to guess. This hybrid actually smells like Honey, so we gave it the clonal name 'Tupelo Honey'. This is the 3rd time I have seen this clone bloom, and this time it has 8 flowers! (7 open and one still in bud at the moment). I made a cross with this plant and Paph. armeniacum, which I am exited about.

The Plant:

TupeloHoney-plant-11907.jpg

Inflorescence:

TupeloHoney11907.jpg

Close Up:

TupeloHoney-close-11907.jpg

Robert

You guys are too good!! :clap::clap::clap:

Yes it is Paph. Conkoloco (concolor x Kolopakingii).

Robert

I'm having a hard time finding the concolor in the flower but the plant size certainly seems to be reduced by a lot! ......... if you don't think you have room for a multi .........

Goldenrose if you look at the leaves, the concolor is obvious. Sometimes the parent shows more in the leaf form, pattern and coloration than the flower.

Thanks Candace - you're right - actually I should have said -'if you look at just the plant itself, you don't see any kolo.'!
I have Florento (kolo.topperi x chamber.) & the plant itself definitely indicates kolo, as does my Jurgen Roth (kolo.topperi x prim.) which is huge! It will be really neat if these 2 crosses carry the flower count as well. Could chamber. add some color to the pouch? and would prim. turn out similar to Robert's?

six flowers and one bud. Is that normal for this hybrid?

It actually has seven flowers and one bud (Total of 8 flowers). This time it has had the most flowers I have seen. I think last year when it bloomed it had a total of 5 or 6 flowers.

Robert

Back