Guess The Primary

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I have not done this for a while, but a new Primary Phrag cross opened up, that has not been registered yet. Can you guys guess what the 2 parents are? One parent is probably pretty obvious, but the other is a little harder to guess. As a hint: this species has contributed a more compact plant size to this hybrid.

Here are some pictures:

The flower:

Mystery1.jpg

A side view:

Mystery4.jpg

Close up:

Mystery2.jpg

The whole plant:

Mystery3.jpg

Robert

nope and again nope. Keep guessing...........You guys guessed the hard one. I thought the other parent would be a lot easier..:rollhappy:

Robert

Good guess!, but nope still not the right parents. When I say what they are, you will all hit your heads, as it is sooooooooooooooooo obvious :rollhappy:

:clap::clap::clap: Finally someone got it right. Yep it is klotzscheanum x longifolium var. hincksianum. Good Job Heather!!

Now I need to give it a hybrid name. Any suggestions (other than Wossner Longiklots)??

Robert

Hi Robert,

Noticing the time-stamp of your last post I see that I just missed being able to participate in this 'contest'.
Very nice hybrid you produced there. Quite intens colouring and I like the yellow in the lip which it obviously inheritted from the klotzscheanum.

About the name suggestion. Looking at the last photo of the whole plant the name Hummingbird came into my mind. Don't no why though.

Again, nice hybrid.

All the best,

RZu.

Thanks Rob,

Oh, I like the name Phrag. Hummingbird. Hummingbirds are one of my favorite birds. I may take that name as a consideration.

Robert

Back