Guess the primary cross

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
One parent is easy to guess.

Paphunusual.jpg

school has restarted....open houses, ect I am sure are keeping him busy. He would be interested in seeing this one. I will have to PM it to him if he doesn't show up in this thread.

Jon you have one parent correct. The other parent is not obvious. It is a cross that is not seen frequently and I can understand why from seeing the flower.

I am questioning if the plant was labeled correctly. Someone on another forum sent me a pic of the cross that this is suppose to be and it sure looks different than this flower.

I purchased it as Paph Unique (roth x fairrieanum)

I am questioning if the plant was labeled correctly. Someone on another forum sent me a pic of the cross that this is suppose to be and it sure looks different than this flower.

I purchased it as Paph Unique (roth x fairrieanum)
Hard to believe! I see it listed on Orchids of Los Osos site. What do you think, Lance?

What do the leaves look like? I don't see any roth in the flower but I guess a certain % would take strictly after the fair. parent & this is one! (if it's labeled correctly)

I'm not Lance, but that ain't roth x fairrieanum, either. Something in the barbatum group (lawrencianum?) x fairrieanum is my guess.

Interesting, I guess I don't see roth...my guess was going to be wardii, not having seen the leaves :p

I'm going for P.fairrianum x p. fowlei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??
Paul

whole plant shot please ?

I would also have guessed fairi x wardii, possibly x sukh...

Latest posts

Back