Guess Jon's Primary

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
My only primary in bloom right now, can you guess it?

nocheatingheather.jpg

nocheatinglien.jpg

nocheatingjon.jpg

Jon
________
Ipad Guides

Last edited:
Yeah, I like the idea of spicerianum in there. The spots make me say haynaldianum, so..... spicerianum x haynaldianum :) No wait... charlesworthii because of that white staminode... no wait...

Matt

gore42 said:
Yeah, I like the idea of spicerianum in there. The spots make me say haynaldianum, so..... spicerianum x haynaldianum :) No wait... charlesworthii because of that white staminode... no wait...

Matt

I swear, there's GOTTA be tigrinum in there.

haynaldianum (cos of all the spots all over the place)

x

charlesworthii (top of dorsal shape and the pouch...)

Oh....I missed this one....Finally it is my turn to guess....

My first impression was that one of the parents was definately haynaldianum. The other parent is in the insigne, exul, gratixianum group.....I will go for insigne.

So is it haynaldianum x insigne?

Robert

Although.....looking at the pictures again, the dorsal and the petals look more like Paph. gratrixianum, so I am changing it to:

Paph. haynaldianum x gratrixianum.

Robert

I would guess charlesworthii x haynaldianum. The staminode appears to be charlesworthii along with the influence of color in the petals and dorsal sepal.
Haynaldianum or something closely related is probably the other parent.

My first impression was haynaldianum x gratrixianum, but then I noticed that purple stripe up the center of the dorsal, which makes me think spicerianum. I guess I'm bound to my first guess, though :) Interested to see what this one turns out to be!

- Matt

Latest posts

Back