Growing babies

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Here's some pics of growing babies from my own breeding attempts. Troy Meyers did all the flasking. Here's the dates out of flask:
Peacei 1/2005, Lindlyanum 6/2005, spicerianum 11/2005, lowii 11/2005 & 1/2006, wardii 1/2006. The lindlyanum spiked this spring but didn't produce any good buds. The spicerianum are now multi growth and should bloom this fall.

Here's some new henryanum, and philippinense seedlings.

Man it sure looks like your doing something right. I can grow seedling pretty good but just can't get the hang of paphs. out of flask. I followed Troy's site for years and requested many of the paphs. available. I never was able to get one so finally just gave it. I pretty much gave up on flasks as I was always buying and killing the expensive ones. I need cheap paph. flask to learn on, any suggestions as were to get a couple of those?

Bob in Albany said:
Man it sure looks like your doing something right. I can grow seedling pretty good but just can't get the hang of paphs. out of flask. I followed Troy's site for years and requested many of the paphs. available. I never was able to get one so finally just gave it. I pretty much gave up on flasks as I was always buying and killing the expensive ones. I need cheap paph. flask to learn on, any suggestions as were to get a couple of those?

I've managed to get 1 flask of a phalaenopsis, but other than the paphs I sent in seed for, I haven't been able to get one either. I think the big thing for taking paphs out of flask is to keep them very humid with kinda low light and even temps. I always start them out in my indoor pleurothalid box for a few weeks at least before moving them out to the GH. Every time I've tried to go straight to the GH they have done poorly.

Nice Rick! I hope to be able to flower my own cross someday. I am inspired and necessarily patient!

Latest posts

Back