• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Order from Orchid Zone to DC area

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Priority mail can actually get there in two days. I've ordered things from sun catchers of Hilo and had it arrive in two days as well as from many destinations around the west coast

I might be interested in one red as well as a peach, but if eric got a bunch of red I could just buy/trade him for one after things show up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, I'm back. Back on 3/3, I ordered:

1 lot of 10 Vietnamense (bare root),
1 lot of bessae (preferably half regular and half pink/peach, but if you can't do that, then all regular)
2 roths

I got a response from JC, but I have not yet heard from OZ on anticipated shipping (nor has my credit card been charged). When I hear anything else, I'll post.

Cheyenne, I was going to keep 1 roth. How many did you want? I can see if they can add additional ones to the order (anyone else want roths at $75 plus shipping?).

Hi all, I'm back. Back on 3/3, I ordered:

1 lot of 10 Vietnamense (bare root),
1 lot of bessae (preferably half regular and half pink/peach, but if you can't do that, then all regular)
2 roths

I got a response from JC, but I have not yet heard from OZ on anticipated shipping (nor has my credit card been charged). When I hear anything else, I'll post.

Cheyenne, I was going to keep 1 roth. How many did you want? I can see if they can add additional ones to the order (anyone else want roths at $75 plus shipping?).

That's fine. I can just take the one and the two viet's you got for me. I was going to take the two roths but only because I thought that was what you ordered and I didnt want you to have to keep one if you didnt want it. I would like to see wht the size is like then maybe I will order 10 soon. :clap:

Good news. Looks like I'll be getting the plants later this week:

Hi,
We shipped today FEDEX 2 Day.
We will charge your CC for the total. I will send an invoice.
I believe we only were able to pull 7 vietnamense.
We can send you three more when available.
JC

Hi All-
Estimated delivery :
Fri 3/21/2014 by 4:30 pm

Below is a copy of the invoice; total is $525 (US dollars). I propose shipping costs: $5 per roth, $2 per Bessae or vietnamense (feel free if you want to put in an extra $1 for a viet, I'll eat the $6 for the 3 missing viets; again, OZ only sending 7 plants, not 10).

PAPH Paphiopedilum Asst (vietnamense) 7 25.00 175.00
BESSEAE Besseae Premium Asst 10 15.00 150.00
PAPH Paphiopedilum (roths) 2 75.00 150.00
SHIP Shipping and Packing Charges 1 50.00 50.00

Hi all-
The plants arrived in fine shape; everything came "bare root" wrapped in spaghnum moss (including roths). As you know, OZ only shipped 7 viets, not 10. Did someone want to reduce their order of viets? I'm going to go ahead and pot up 2 viets and the roths.
Cheyenne- OZ sent 2 different crosses of roths. Is there one specifically you want? One is (red baron x wide horizon), and the other is (wide horizon x chester hill); the latter is slightly bigger.
Pics to follow. I'll pm you all later with my paypal account info.

oz group order pics 1

The items were wrapped in newspaper. They were not labelled, so I had a unwrap a few to find the roths and viets.

Attachments

• rsz_wrapped_in_box.jpg
    rsz_wrapped_in_box.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 20
  • rsz_bunch_of_bessae.jpg
    rsz_bunch_of_bessae.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 29
  • rsz_3_viets.jpg
    rsz_3_viets.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back