• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Order from Orchid Zone to DC area

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a group order from the Orchid Zone? OZ sells in lots of 10. Shipping would be to the DC area (unless someone else wants to organize this).
I'm interested in the four (or maybe five) Vietnamense; they are $25 per plant (in lots of 10). There would be extra for shipping (I'm getting clarification on shipping).
JC also mentioned that they have Fritz Schomburg, and could sell them for $75 per plant in lots of 10, flowering sized. (JC mentioned that one scored a GM in Japan). I would only be willing to pay for 1 of these.
JC also has besseae regular $15, peach $15, flavum $100. I think these are sold in lots of 10. I have no interest in these (just passing the info along; someone else would have to organize this).
For the Vietnamense, I'd be willing to pay for the buyer's plant(s) and hold them until you can pick them up, but pick-up would have to be by October 2014, Columbus Day weekend (Nat'l Capital Orchid Society fall show). You would pay when you pick up the plant. Maybe the better thing to do would be to organize this group buy just before the 2015 Paph Forum (if so, we would need to confirm with JC that this is possible)?
Linus

I would be interested, of course. Can you see if they can give you a rough list of other things. I wuld like a few vietnamense but also interested in more parvi's. How about roths? Can you see how much they are? I bet I could find enough people to buy 10 roths too. Thanks, pm me also if you want.

Hi All
I have some more info:
OZ would ship the Paph vietnamense bare root ($20 for lot of 10, so total of $27 per plant with shipping).
According to OZ, they have roths in 4 inch pot. $50 in quantities of 10 or more. $75 for less. It sounds like these would be shipped in pot; I'm awaiting clarification from JC (and shipping costs for Roths).

So to summarize, it sounds like we have enough for a Paph Vietamense order (unless those who expressed interest changed your mind since these are coming in bare root):
Eric(NY):2
EricM: 2 (NYEric would pick up in March)
Cheyene: 1 to 3
Linus: 2 to 5
Charles: 1 to 2

I'll get a Roth (no one wants Fritz Schomberg?); I'm guessing Cheyene may want 1 also at $75 each (plus shipping).

NYEric, you may want to see if other folks are interested in bessae, and have them shipped to you, and you can organize/distribute.

I am going to send an email out to a few paph people i know to see if they want any roths or besseae.

I had pm'ed jc about one of the vietnamense, as a slippertalk member. Possibly if there were a group order he might be willing to sell numbers lower than ten, but higher cost for those plants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, it looks like we have enough for one lot of 10 regular bessaes (5 for Eric and 5 for Russell), in addition one lot of vietnamense (10 plants, see below for distribution). I'll order 2 roths. This order closes at 10:30 am EST today.

Eric(NY):2
EricM: 2 (NYEric would pick up in March)
Cheyene: 1 to 3
Linus: 2 to 5
Charles: 1 to 2

I would be interested in a half dozen peach besseae. Eric, would coming to Hawaii on your way back be too far out of your way?:D

Latest posts

Back