Group of delenatii & HCM

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Delenatii var. album, Ho Chi Minh (made with delenatii var. dunkel), delenatii and delenatii (reg x dunkel) from left to right.
Album & standard delenatii are repeat bloomers and the others are first time blooming new purchases from Waldo visit last month.
HCM is sitting in the back so the flower does appear proportionally correct but it is much larger than delenatii flowers.
The photo turned out dull due to lack of sun today but I’m posting anyway. My apologies.

The second shot is of the first flower of the same HCM on a sunny day last week. The color is correct here. Imagine how vibrant these flowers are! 🥰 This first bloom was even larger but only lasted for short few days before those brown marks appeared.
All are mildly scented except for HCM.

5D56C116-8F07-4E0D-B171-7A6D1818F91C.jpegE68258AD-A3D1-45A2-A5AF-E1154005A369.jpeg

There like 😮 I don't know why but in this species I always see a face. (More than others)
Patrick

That's quite a family you have there! For some reason my HCM didn't spike this year.
My other HCM that took many years to finally bloom last spring is not showing any signs of blooming yet. So, you're not alone.
That one was of very high quality, though. So I intent on waiting.
This one has extra dark colors and the plant is rather compact,,,for now, that is. So, this is also a keeper.

HCM developed brown spots and fell off in just short few days, which was expected.
All the delenatii are still going strong with fait rose fragrance.
My other delenatii album looks to have a late spike coming. It is one with strong fragrance, so I'm excited!!

Your family photo is a feast for the eyes 👌 and it's quality isn't that bad. So no need to apologize.
Flower and especially the foliage of your HCM look very close to Paph. vietnamense. So the vietnamense genes dominate the DNA of this plant.
Same! I only wish they lasted longer in bloom.
Yes, short living flowers are the great disadvantage of HCM. What a bummer !

These are beautiful. I still haven´t seen signs of blooming in my HCM. Hope when it happen, flower lack more than one month like two years ago.

Latest posts

Back