greetings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

R Srinivasan

Hi, From being bitten by orchidomania for more that four decades, I have recently been enslaved by these utterly loveable paphs. So much so that one fine morning I acquired over a hundred hybrids of warm growing paphs from Singapore. All of them seed raised from crosses having P. rothschildianum, P. concolorobellatulum( thats what the lable stated), P. glaucophyllum, P. spiceriannum etc. etc.,as one of the parent stock. Most of them have settled well in a medium containing, coconut husk chunks, leaf mould, charcoal pieces and broken roof-tiles. I watered them once thoroghly and followed it up with spraying the leaves three to four times a day. Plants from the same crosses are on bloom but show considerable variation in colour, shape and substance. Comments please!

Welcome to the forum!

Your plant labeled concolorobellatulum is concobellatulum or as presently reclassified paph wenshanse.

It is not unusual to see a fair amount of variation in each cross, and as the parents get more complex the more variation you will see. This is much of the enjoyment of blooming many seedlings from particular crosses. Some are good, some are terrible, most are okay, and some are spectacular! It usually comes down to the quality of the parents used in the crosses.

It sounds like you are doing fine with the culture....

Hi
Are you in the US? It sounds like you got a big jump into slippers.

I don't think you need to mist as often as you were doing once they are settled in.

Take care Rick

Latest posts

Back