Greetings From the Rain Forest

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

naturepainter

Hello everyone, I'm Naturepainter. I'm glad to be here and hope to learn a lot.

Thanks
Naturepainter:p

Hello naturepainter, and welcome! The Hoh is gorgeous! I used to visit every chance I got when I lived in WA :)

- Matthew Gore

Thank you everyone for such a nice welcome.

I live in near the Hoh Rain Forest as I said. I have LOVED to garden in the past, however, I have increasing physical problems and would have to have some indoor, specified hight type growing that would make it able for me to do such. Also, living here, we have LOTS of help with out gardens with the lovely, irreplacable Roosevelt Elk. I promised myself when I came here that my hobbies would never step on the love I have for the animals. They were here first. :)

I have recently concidered creating a bit of an Orchid garden for myself in my painting room. I do have a plant growing light. However, I know soooo little it is daunting in thought. I still could have a go at it sometime.

As for my daily life, I am a medical transcriptionist. I work from home. I am one of the fortunate few that have found my absolute best friend, soul mate and married him! We are thrilled to be together and his, hers and ours there are six children, five boys and one girl. We are down to two of the boys still living at home.

My passion is oil painting. I oil paint florals. I do black and white pencil drawings of portrates, but oil paint all sorts of wonderful, graceful, character filled blooms! Beautiful blossoms! I am hopefull that someday I will paint for my income, though I know this to be a tipsy path.

Anyway, I am also deeply interested in Comanche and Blackfeet culture as that is part of my history. I tan hides in my spare time and am learning beading and how to create clothing.

Well, that is about all I can think to tell about myself. Thanks for being interested.

A special thank you to those people out there that have been so kind as to give permissions to paint the joyous outcome of their blood, sweat and tears turned to flowers with life and personality all their own.

Thanks
Naturepainter

Latest posts

Back