Greetings from South East Missouri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEMO-Cypr

Reaction score
Good afternoon, and happy almost Easter! :)

I’ve spent the last few weeks trolling around on here for information. Which I have to say thank you to all the knowledgeable and more experienced folks out there for sharing.

I’ve been a casual grower of orchids and African violets since High School off and on. But after I graduated College I’ve slowly increased my collection ever since. I have to say my hobby has a lot of (dare I say growing) to do. Especially after I’ve seen the extent of the collections people have posted on here.

I have about 20 different species of orchids that have been split a time or two on a three tear shelf in the basement. I am currently awaiting a shipment of Pubescens and Kentuckiense Cypripedium seedlings from Spangle Creek and trying to figure out how to grow them indoors since it appears that is the best route for their small size for now. Hard to find time with a 2yr old and one due in May!

Welcome from KY! Do a lot of reading before trying Cyps. They really are
outside plants which takes a bit of soil preparation and picking the correct
spot. Best of luck!

Thanks everyone, I will definitely keep you posted on the Cyps. I think I’ll split the lot 3 outside 3 insider. Now the question will be where to place them outside.

Latest posts

Back