Greetings from Philadelphia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dorlynn

I've been reading the posts here for a little while after amp-ing up my interest in Paphs. I bought a Maudiiae type vinicolored paph a few years back that has re-bloomed a couple of times to my great pleasure. I've picked up some sale complex hybrids (post bloom and still waiting) along the way and have recently decided to jump in with an uptick on my collection. I'm determined to make a go of it and am slowly learning the lingo, the culture and such.

I was advised to get Tropical Slipper Orchids by Harold Koopowitz and this has helped a lot! I've also been reading as many posts in this forum and slowly more and more is making sense to me. (thank you all for your contributions!)

I'm thinking just the act of trying to grow the plants will be my best teacher (experience being the best teacher) so I'm growing a few dozen, mostly complex hybrids with a few species plants, now. I'll continue to lurk until my experience is of some value to me and hopefully, one day, to you! (I'm a bit of an optimist).

Welcome from Athens, Greece. Enjoy your stay, you'll find lots of infos for successful growing!!

Welcome from New York State!

I'm a newbie and I have found a lot of help on the forum. I use the search function frequently...

And we love to see pictures!

Thanks, all! I look forward to the wealth of information and interesting people this forum seems to have.

Welcome from South Africa. Maudiae types and complexes are a good way to start as both grow quite well as regular potplants and can be enabling as well as rewarding. An easy next step are the cochlo hybrids like Pinnochio.
Enjoy the process, that is what it is all about.

Thanks, Trithor. I think I'm the type that will want to move to the 'next step' sooner than later. I was happy watering and closely observing all my plants this morning. They make me happy :)

howdy from the Boston area
i think Lance Birk's the Paphiopedilum Grower's Manual has lots of good info too!

Latest posts

Back