Greetings from Borneo!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Will definitely enjoy my time here šŸ˜„
How are you able to buy orchids? Catasetums in the US usually come from only one place, Sunset Valley Orchids. I think they will ship overseas. I bet getting orchids would be even more expensive for you, all those certificates, and fees. I think if I did not have a steady supply of orchids with easy buying, I would suffer.

How are you able to buy orchids? Catasetums in the US usually come from only one place, Sunset Valley Orchids. I think they will ship overseas. I bet getting orchids would be even more expensive for you, all those certificates, and fees. I think if I did not have a steady supply of orchids with easy buying, I would suffer
Species endemic to Borneo like bulbophyllums, phalaenopsis, cymbidiums, and other local orchids we can get them locally from nurseries and growers.

For other genus like Paphiopedilums, Catasetums, Cattleyas, Angraecums, etc as well as some rarer orchids these have to be imported. We import mostly from Malaysia and Thailand as they are much closer to where I am from.

Sunset Valley Orchids home of FDK wonderful hybrids I have to say šŸ˜. Yes they do ship overseas, i've contacted Fred many years ago( 2012 i think?) asking about it but the shipping is rather costly and the risk is quite high so didn't proceed with it.

Most of my catasetums are from a grower in Thailand. They have quite a selection of SVO hybrids. Mostly selling seedlings/flask sometimes divisions.

Yes you are correct importing orchids can be expensive for me so i usually go on a shopping spree when i get the chance to. The paperwork CITES, Phytosanitary and permits can easily set me back USD150 and then the shipping which is usually around USD350-400 depending on the weight.

I do envy how much easier it is for you to get your supplies. But i guess gotta make do with whatever we have and enjoy the process.

Back