Greetings from Australia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roslyn

Reaction score
It's time I did this, so here goes! I have been a hobby grower of orchids for over 20 years, and I have a mixed collection of over 2,500 plants of various genera, but I have never grown many paphs. I'll rephrase that. I have never grown many paphs successfully. I've done OK with phrags, but not paphs. I lost a lot, included the P. villosum I received an HCC with, to assorted fungal and/or bacterial diseases. But recently after we moved north to a subtropical climate and a huge airy shadehouse I discovered the few long-suffering paphs I still had were growing quite well and grew even better when I started spraying them with fungicide. This year I started buying more, and recently even a few flasks, and have worked out how to expand my paph growing area.

I've been enjoying reading the posts on this site and seeing the wonderful photos. Hopefully I'll have some to share in the not too distant future.

Welcome from Luxembourg Roslyn!!!! 2.500 plants makes a huge collection, and you will surely have some nice pics to show:)! What other genera do you have? Jean

Hi Roslyn, Welcome to Slippertalk! Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your collection!

Hello Roslyn and welcome to the forum!!!!!! I'd love to see some photos of your plants and growing area like Jean said!!! :D:D:D

Thank you for the friendly welcome.

I grow a lot of dendrobiums including Spatulata hybrids, Latourea species and hybrids, Australian Native species and hybrids, soft-canes, Phalaenanthe species and hybrids, Indian species, and assorted others. I have a number of Cymbidium species and some hybrids. I have bulbopohyllums, Cattleya species and hybrids, quite a few vandas and ascocendas, and a mix of other miscellaneous species and hybrids. And of course the paphs and phrags.

A lot of my plants were bought as flasks or small plants and aren't flowering size yet, but they're getting there. It's winter here now and not much is flowering but I'll post pics when I have something to show off.

Roslyn, hello and welcome from Germany. I'm looking forward to reading posts from you and seeing photos of your hopefully flowering plants here.
rudolf

Hello from the Raritan Bay area!
Most of my plants were bought small or as flask.
Clark

Latest posts

Back