Greetings from a new kid on the block...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickiC

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Vicki Cochran and I live in N. Central Alabama. I've been trying to grow orchids approx. 2 1/2 yrs. I grow in a (kit-Sunglo)) greenhouse and I have about 80 or so plants. Before that, I tried to grow prob. approx. 20 os so in a room connected to our garage with T5s, aircondtioner duct from our house, 2 humdifiers, 2 fans...etc. I was making it fine in there, except for two things.....there were no windows at all, and I felt so closed in/ Plus my orchid collection was growing quite a bit. The main problem I have now is bigtime heat! I made it fine this last winter, but this is a different story. HOT is putting it lightly!

I have mostly Catts and Phals, a few Onc., about 3 or 4 Dens, 1 Psychopis, and varied others. I just got my first Paph last week, and I am soooo clueless. I hope all of you will be so kind to help me get started with the basics....and hopefully some tips??

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi....introduce myself and tell you I look forward to being your co-member.
Vicki

Last edited:
wojtek

Thanks for the wecome. I need to tidy up (ok, major clean lol) my greenhouse before I take any pictures of my orchids, but I will. Someone don't let me forget...I've got a 60 yr. old memory.

Welcome from Poland :D show some pics from your collection ;)

:clap::clap: WELCOME VICKI!
I have a Sunglo GH, mine is 15 yrs. old! What size do you have? None of us can escape the heat this year, I love those small clip on fans, you can move the air in every nook & cranny!

KyushuCalanthe

He is so right! I really like Spring and Fall, and even Summer (if it's reasonable..but not this year...or last, for that matter) but Winter is not my friend (except for the fact that I get to wear my turtle-neck sweathers. :)

Thanks for welcoming me...
Vicki

Welcome, I know a guy in your neck of the woods - he too has said the summer has been unbearable this year. Not to worry, fall is a heart beat away!

Latest posts

Back