Greenhouses?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seriously considered floor heat, Pex tubing in the concrete, boiler or tankless heater.
It just is going to be considerably more expensive than a Effinity or Hot Dawg...Probably is the most efficient source of heat.
Just wondering - why would you use PEX tubing, which does not transfer heat well, rather than copper, which does?

Just wondering - why would you use PEX tubing, which does not transfer heat well, rather than copper, which does?
There is lots of info on line about it and greenhouse supply companies sell the product specifically for floor heat...I called it PEX, actually called Tekcoil, looks like Pex. Much easier to use than copper.

Can someone post pics of rolling benches for us novices?
images.google.com

706113-01.jpg

Estoy construyendo mi nuevo invernadero y he decidido instalar suelo radiante como un circuito más de la casa. La fuente de calorías es una aerotermia y el consumo se reducirá considerablemente con paneles solares. Voy a dar todos mis mimos a mis plantas. Incluso ha instalado una toma de agua para riego mixto para regar siempre con agua a 23ºC.

Attachments

• IMG_8999.JPEG
    IMG_8999.JPEG
    428.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9396.JPEG
    IMG_9396.JPEG
    174.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9566.JPEG
    IMG_9566.JPEG
    246.6 KB · Views: 7
great pictures, unfortunately i cant read ?Spanish, i get the basic message. thanks
Google translate can be your friend:

“I am building my new greenhouse and I have decided to install underfloor heating as one more circuit in the house. The source of calories is an aerothermal energy and consumption will be reduced considerably with solar panels. I'm going to give all my pampering to my plants. It has even installed a water intake for mixed irrigation to always irrigate with water at 23ºC.”

When I retire, nine years hopefully, I will look into this. Thanks for info all. BTW, Does someone make clear Quonset hut type structures?
I looked for plans to build a GH...for some reason very hard to find. There are plans for smaller houses, but for a larger size such as a 14’x 30’ I couldn’t find them. You would think polycarbonate dealers would have some plans available but I couldn’t find them. But there is some info out there on Quonset type houses.

I looked for plans to build a GH...for some reason very hard to find. There are plans for smaller houses, but for a larger size such as a 14’x 30’ I couldn’t find them. You would think polycarbonate dealers would have some plans available but I couldn’t find them. But there is some info out there on Quonset type houses.
There is a handy book with the basic building details available in several formats:
“How to build your own greenhouse” by Rodger Marshal. I just looked online and it appears to be ready available.
D866972D-3BA9-4318-A284-EE914C87D8C1.jpeg

There is a handy book with the basic building details available in several formats:
“How to build your own greenhouse” by Rodger Marshal. I just looked online and it appears to be ready available.
View attachment 25973
I have the book, and some others...they are pretty basic, rudimentary plans. Myself and some friends are “Redneck” carpenters. We need more detailed plans. Perhaps even a materials list. Also it gets pretty sketchy on the attachment of Polycarbonate. Also, weight bearing engineering and design changes going from 12’ to 14’ and again to 16’ in width.

DS, we built our own rolling benches with treated wood and fencing wire and it's been extremely dependable and stable.
We've built all my benches and it's very easy. The metal benches tend to tip over and dump plants. John M. had
a bench catastrophe several years ago and it was a mess. He posted photos on another orchid forum when it
happened. We used 4x6 lumber just to be sure.

DS, we built our own rolling benches with treated wood and fencing wire and it's been extremely dependable and stable.
We've built all my benches and it's very easy. The metal benches tend to tip over and dump plants. John M. had
a bench catastrophe several years ago and it was a mess. He posted photos on another orchid forum when it
happened. We used 4x6 lumber just to be sure.
Could you share some photos of the construction, please?

Duck, check out charleys greenhouse supply. But I didn’t see any kits of 30’. Most likely getting larger is considered commercial type, and most would be having a greenhouse construction company design and build rather a home do it yourselfer.
Polycarbonate safely installed most likely needs the specialized metal slotted framing instead of a homemade system of some kind.

Back