Greenhouse Power Backup

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
Finally finished it!!! I have about 300 amphours of DC backup power, huge batteries! Its wired to a dedicated 20amp breaker and then runs to the greenhouse for the ventilation fan and heater. I have about 3 days of backup for the 1 amp fan and about 2 days of the heater on a thermostat.

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0122-1.jpg

Have you given it a run through? Flipped the breaker and it comes on? I guess it's got to be indoors somehow and protected from water and humidity? That would be a big problem for me. Thanks for the photo. We're still waiting for the new concrete photo.:poke:

Have you given it a run through? Flipped the breaker and it comes on? I guess it's got to be indoors somehow and protected from water and humidity? That would be a big problem for me. Thanks for the photo. We're still waiting for the new concrete photo.:poke:

yeah, I let it run all weekend last week and it seemed to work just fine.

Do you have it on an auto switch in case you loose power and you are not home to switch over?

If you do, tell me a good source. (I haven't looked too hard myself at this point).

Have you thought about a solar charger to keep the batteries topped off?

Unfortunately I have a separate battery/inverter without the power loss sensor/switch. I couldn't find one for my application on this site, but I have some leads for a company called Battery Supply (or something like that.

Back