Green Species ID please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Achamore

Reaction score
Bought this one a few years ago from Ecuagenera, failed to put a tag in the pot, and now cannot find the paperwork etc. Could I please have help with its ID..?

Phrag Green 0241 web.jpg

Are you able to provide some measurements of the flowers and foliage and photos of the foliage? Are you certain it's a species? And even though I know it will take half a lifetime to get a response from them, have you tried emailing Ecuagenera to see if they have some insight?

Bunch of guesses. But besides that. I do like it... Love the color in the petals..

Ahh.. richteri rings a bell. I recall that CB in California bought the same species that same year, commented on it here. But would struggle to find that thread.

Have now been able to find the order. Richteri was key..! In fact it came from Peruflora, in 2015. They brought it to the Malvern Show in England that March. Thank you all, and especially eaborne..!

Here are a few more pics of the same, I feel the black background looks far better. Had an issue with aphids, hence the bit torn off on the spike. Moved the plant into the warm section, since I never have trouble in there with aphids.
Phrag richteri black back 0249.jpg Phrag richteri front black 0252 web.jpg Phrag richteri side black 0251 web.jpg

Yes, I think it is gorgeous..! Have found that it isn't hardy, a bit like besseae in terms of being sure to not leave water on its leaves overnight.

Our house is still on the market after 5 years. Big houses have been slow to sell in Scotland, since the SNP put up the tax on them. Have 2 genuinely interested parties, but both need to sell properties first. So we may be here a while yet...

Latest posts

Back