Great weekend.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jblanford

To be in Chicago, Cubs win and Chicagoland Orchid Fest.
Here's what I picked up slipper-wise.
Paph. curtisii
Paph. St. Swithin
Paph. Pinocchio X armeniacum
Paph. Fanaticum X Norito Hasegawa
Paph. (Star Beam X Emerald) X Temptation

Attachments

• IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1045.JPG
    IMG_1045.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1048.JPG
    IMG_1048.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1051.JPG
    IMG_1051.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 36
Love your picks ..... but .... there was no mention :poke: did the Bears tarnish the weekend?;);)

Ya..Da Bears the only cloud over the weekend.
Candace... That plant came from Fox Valley Orchids. Great combo can't wait to see what it looks like. Jim.

I was also in Chicago this weekend for the festival with 2 bus loads of orchid enthusiasts from the Orchid Society of Minnesota. We had a great time. Here's my purchases as best as I can remember:

Windsong: this is my wife Julie's stop. She got a half dozen mini's and a beautiful Laelia hybid from Ecuagenera and Hoosier Orchids

Natt's:
Paph Fanaticum (in bud)
2 Paph charlesworthii's (1 in bud)
Laelia lucasiana
plus more mini's by Julie

Oak Hill
15 Paph Barbilights (most small and in bud)
6 Paph Tyke
Paph Paeony 'Regency' AM/AOS (division)
Julie went nuts on the mini's at J&L and Andy's and Oak Hill

Hausermans
3 Paph (Incredible x charlesworthii) in bud
2 Paph (Ruby Mist x henryanum) in bud

Orchid Inn
1 flask of Paph leucochilum
Paph henryanum in bloom
Paph barbigerum in bud
Paph gardneri in bud

Fox Valley
Paph charlesworthii in bud
Paph Bailey Kalina division
and a very special division I won't mention at this time.

Bonus stop at Orchids by the Ackers
2 Paph godefroyae
2 complex Paphs in bud

I got to Hausermann's about noontime on sunday. There were 2 buses there & the luggage compartment was open & it was LOADED with plants! That must have been you guys!

I got to Hausermann's about noontime on sunday. There were 2 buses there & the luggage compartment was open & it was LOADED with plants! That must have been you guys!

That was probably us. When we shop, WE SHOP! There seems to be a kind of synergy at play when you have 70 people who know each other, encourage each other and share information with each other. For example, when I'm shopping and need information on a certain genera, like Vandas, I need only find Esther, another OSM member, to get all I need to know. Conversely, I get many questions about slipper orchids from other members as they are shopping. Also, when there is a good deal on something, word spreads quickly.

Latest posts

Back