gratrixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice clone! Nevertheless l would call it christensonianum (or P. gratrixianum var. christensonianum if you prefer)

gratrixianum has leaves ~ 4cm and large blotches of color

christensonianum has leaves ~2cm and small spots of color

Refer to Orchid Digest annotations by Koopowitxz (Isuue 82-4, page 191) Oct/Nov/Dec 2018.

adding in questions as true questions only agenda is to understand better...

i have a few gratrixianum from orchidinn that have the nice dorsal coloration ('black mountain' back crosses), but not the nice, flat, wide dorsal like villosum var. annamense has. @dodidoki (or for that matter @ORG ), would you say that the wide flatter dorsal is something that was in the natural range of the species gratrixianum, or is likely line bred into available plants... and especially with the possibility that someone snuck in an annamense somewhere in the mix... or... (my mind wanders...)

again just wondering... as i look at my scragley specimens... ;-)

Many thanks for kind comments, Friends.
Yes, I think it is christensonianum, it has narrow, upright standing hard leaves and tall stem.
I don t think that there is any villosum blood in it, it is just a fresh opening, sides of dorsal will curve back within few days.
Really, I have a classic gratrixianum , that one has wider and more soft leaves with less pigmentation at the base of crown.( fresly opened stage, too!)

Attachments

• IMG_20221124_144706.jpg
    IMG_20221124_144706.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back