GPH Fall Cyps available

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(from an email I got from GPH)

Our Fall Cypripedium list is now active. You may order by going to the website at http://www.gardensatposthill.com and clicking the Cypripedium Store in the Menu on the Left.

We will post our Fall Pleione list in a few months.

We will ship Cypripedium at the end of September into mid-November depending upon when the plants become dormant. We will ship Pleione in March, 2015.

We had several Cypripedium bloom for us the first time this season. Several of these are illustrated on our home page. We have many more hybrids coming along as seedlings that we will be offering in the coming seasons.

For those of you who operate garden centers, we now work with Frosch Exclusive Perennials and HardyOrchid in Germany. We have received unique hybrids from both of these groups for several years. The cost of shipping from Germany along with phytosanitary certificate and CITES certificate makes it economically difficult for a smaller garden center to order plants from these groups since several hundred plants would have to be ordered to justify the cost. Now, you can order from either company and they send your plants, already packaged for you, with my order. That way you dont pay for the regulatory documents since they come to me and you dont pay international shipping or brokerage fees since I already pay a set fee for these. The only fee you have in addition to the plants is the cost I incur to ship your order on to you by Priority Mail. This makes your $400-500 cost to get a shipment to your garden center go down to $25 or so. If you are interested in exploring this option, please send an email message to me and I will provide the current sales lists (you pay the exact same amount for plants that I do).

Thank you, everyone for your past support and we look forward to hearing from you this season.

Ron Burch
Gardens at Post Hill

And GPH's email on new cyps and other orchids available:

To [email protected]

The Gardens at Post Hill Fall 2017 Orchid Stores are now open. Please go to www.gardensatposthill.net and press the ‘Cypripedium’ link or the ‘Other Terrestrial Orchids’ link under ‘Store’ in the menu on the left side of the page. Even if you are not in the market for new plants this Fall, you might want to look at the images of some of our plants blooming this season. They begin just after the text at the bottom of the home page. We will be adding additional images over the next few days.

You may order using PayPal, which includes the ability to use a credit card – there is a button next to each plant’s description, or you may print the order form and pay by check. We are happy to answer any questions, just send them to [email protected]. If you are a commercial nursery and would like a wholesale list, let us know and we will inform Michael Wienert of Frosch Exclusive Perennials. We are his US representative. We also will have a smaller Spring wholesale list available in January.

We will ship plants in late October after they have gone dormant. Fall is a far better time to order terrestrial orchids than Spring, since the plants are at full rest and can burst forth in Spring. If you order in Spring, the plants are trying to break dormancy while being shipped and replanted, so Spring blooms will be fewer. Of course, we understand the desire to plant in Spring when interest is high! We have done it often ourselves.

Our Pleione list for early Spring shipment will be available in early January with shipping in early March.

Our list this Fall is quite extensive. You will find a number of hybrids and species that we have not offered in several years. This is because growth from seed to first bloom is a 4 to 5 year journey – and this along with the need to germinate the seed over a year in a laboratory, contributes to the cost of these plants. You will however see that some prices continue to be reduced. This is due to constantly improving laboratory and grow-out knowledge and conditions. Keep in mind that the very first successful blooming of a laboratory-originated seedling took place in 1986, not very long ago!

Happy hunting!

Ron Burch
Gardens at Post Hill

Latest posts

Back